Photographs of Perth, Western Australia Home | Localities | Subjects | Notes | About

East Victoria Park

East Victoria Park is simply a name for an area being east of Victoria Park, the name therefore is mostly descriptive. Victoria Park is obviously named after Queen Victoria. In the late 1800's an estate called Bickford was established in this area and was described then as being Victoria Park East. The suburb is bounded by Kent Street in the north, the Armadale railway in the east, and Hill View Terrace and Jarrah Road in the west and south


 
 
 
 
 

East Victoria Park - Friendly Societies

United Friendly Societies Building at 553 Albany Highway. This building is dated 1940. April 2015. Photos Ref: EVPK001

 

East Victoria Park - Albany Highway Shops

A group of shops run up the west side of Albany Highway, very close to the Friendly Societies building. April 2015. Photos Ref: EVPK002

 

East Victoria Park - Balmoral Hotel

The Balmoral Hotel on Albany Highway. This was constructed in 1930. Over the years is has previously been known as the Balmoral Tavern and the Boulevard Hotel. In 1995 it became the Babylon Hotel. April 2015. Photos Ref: EVPK003

 

East Victoria Park - Bakery

At 877 Albany Highway this shop is the site of a former bakery. The premises were constructed in 1900. Also trading here over the years has been JW Cakes. The bakery was known as Wallis Bros. Central Bakery. The current occupant is Food For Me. April 2015. Photos Ref: EVPK004

 

East Victoria Park - Carson Street School

On Carson Street this wing of the primary school faces the road. The school was established in 1935. April 2015. Photos Ref: EVPK005

 

East Victoria Park - Edward Millen House

This impressive structure was erected as the Rotunda (maternity) Hospital 1912. Elizabeth Baillee caused the construction. In 1919 it was used to house Spanish Influenza epidemic patients. In 1920 it was renamed Edward Millen House and was used as a WWI veterans' repatriation hospital until 1982. In 1982 the building became the Hillview (psychiatric) Hospital for residential young people. The Town of Victoria Park took over the premises in 2003. April 2015. Photos Ref: EVPK006

 

East Victoria Park - Catholic Church

Our Lady Help of Christians Catholic Church on Balmoral Street. The Foundation Stone was laid by Archbishop Redmond Prendiville on December 8th, 1960. April 2015. Photos Ref: EVPK007

 

East Victoria Park - Baptist Church

The former Ukranian Evangelical Baptist Church on Hubert Street. This is now known simply as the East Victoria Park Baptist Church. The Foundation Stone was laid by H. Hunt Esq., on April 29th, 1930. The stone commemorates extensions to the original 1918 building. April 2015. Photos Ref: EVPK008

 

East Victoria Park - Holy Trinity Church

The Holy Trinity Anglican Church on the corner of Whittleford and Washer Streets. This was opened in 1964. There is no visible foundation stone. April 2015. Photos Ref: EVPK009


All images published on this website are copyright © of the webmaster. See About section for clarification and special schools permission