Photographs of Perth, Western Australia Home | Localities | Subjects | Notes | Links | About

Manning

Manning is bounded by Salter Point to the south and Como to the north. This area was developed for State Housing in 1948 and there are still many former state houses still in the area. These homes contrast with the sumptuous mansions now on the Salter Point, Canning River foreshore, just to the south. The original name was Manning Estate named after Henry Manning who owned this land in 1856. Grandson, John Daniel Manning, was a prominent citizen


 
 
   
 
 

Manning - Tempest Music

On Ley Street modernisation is starting to occur. This building is home to Tempest Music. November 2014. Photos Ref: MANN001

 

Manning - Mt Henry Tavern

At the western end of Manning Road is the Mount Henry Tavern which used to be simply known as the Manning Hotel. January 2012. Photos Ref: MANN002

 

Manning - Shops Welwyn Avenue

The main Manning shopping area on Welwyn Avenue. Normally very busy but this is around 5.30am on a Sunday morning so hopefully everyone is home asleep. December 2014. Photos Ref: MANN003

 

Manning - Shops Ley Street

Ley Street shops on the corner of Manning Road. Vantage International Property is in the foreground. Further down the street is a men's hairdressers and a fish & chip shop. December 2014. Photos Ref: MANN004

 

Manning - Shops Ley Street

Oriental Massage, Happy Days Pizza and Kimbo's Fashions on Ley Street. December 2014. Photos Ref: MANN005


All images published on this website are copyright © of the webmaster. See About section for clarification and special schools permission